Attention Seattle Car Drivers! 5 Good Ways to Save on Auto Insurance
Category: Auto Insurance. Written by Bob Smith
This is what happens: an insurance company will reduce the most important coverage on an auto policy 1) Bodily Injury and 2) Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
While each persons needs vary, a homeowner should carry at minimum $250,000 per person / $500,000 per accident for Bodily Injury and Uninsured Motorist. These protect you, your family and your assets.
With that in mind, when it comes time to shop, consider these alternatives that can save you money by lowering your current premium while maintaining your liability limits with proper coverage.
1) Combine and save! Insurance companies give their best rates to customers who have multiple lines of insurance through them. By combining your Auto policy with your home or renters policy you can save 10% or more on both policies!
2) Take advantage of automatic or pay in full discounts. Many companies offer a good break in premiums if you pay in full or automatically have the monthly payment withdrawn from a bank account. These two payment methods can save you 15% or more!
3) Check your coverages at work. Do you already have a good medical plan? Short or long term disability? Retired? You could be paying for an optional medical or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage that you might not need if you have other medical coverage. This could add up to hundreds of dollars over the course of a year.
4) Carry deductibles to fit your needs. Raising your collision deductible could save you a substantial amount over the life of your car. On the flipside, lowering your Comprehensive deductible, windshield, theft, vandalism, might only cost you a few more dollars a year.
5) Call your agent! The easiest way to save money is to contact to your agent. Ask about your discounts and other discounts that are offered that can help you to reduce your premium while maintaining necessary coverages.
There are many ways to save, and the easiest way to do so is to simply ask your agent. It’s what we do.
Bob Smith is a contributing writer for Seattle Auto and has been in the insurance industry for over 15 years. Bob is the principle agent at Advanced Insurance Solutions, which offers auto, home and life insurance to Seattle residents. Bob can be reached at 425-485-7477 if you have questions on your own insurance.